20 Awesome indoor activities to keep kids active! These activities are perfect for rainy days and those times when we really can’t brave the outside world!
We love disco dance parties so we bought ourselves a disco light! That’s all you need for any dance party ever! Trust me! We have a “dancing” playlist and off we go! Kids love dancing and they will outdance you any day! If it’s day time and it’s still light you close the curtains!
- Try this Number Hunt idea. A treasure hunt based on counting things around the house! You will have to search!
- Animal Cards, a fun action game for the whole family with 5 different game options.
- Whisking Bubbles. We totally did this outside, but with a big enough plastic basin, you could totally give this a whirl in the middle of the kitchen!
- Pom Pom racing, this gets pretty competitive around here!
- Pipe cleaners and a box! Great for fine motor and fun!
- Twister is always a winner or try this blindfolded twister version:
- Minute to Win it Games, including some great movement ideas // Hello Wonderful
- Make a GIANT floor maze – these instructions include a free maze template // Craftivity Designs
- Create a grid from tape and use for these fun gross motor ideas – incl counting, jumping, color matching and more… // Active Littles
- Big scale tic-tac-toe // Learn with Play at Home
- Color scavenger hunt for Kids // I Heart Crafty Things
- 7 indoor bean bag games // Sugar, Spice & Glitter
- Land Sea Air indoor game // What we do all day?
- Uno workout // Creative Southern Home
- Indoor Olympics with 7 Sports Ideas // Entertain Your Toddler
Here is a wonderful energy buster – for kids and grown-ups with patience!! Exploding stick bomb!
Looking for something on the quiet side? Here are 30+ Quiet Indoor Activities.