Did you know that your humble washing machine can be used to wash so much more than clothing!!
We put the question out there – and we were surprised with how many different answers we got…
“What can you wash – and what DO you wash – in your washing machine…??
IMPORTANT: These are guides and ideas, please always check labels first! Also many non clothing things require low spin speeds and temperatures!
- Trainers and Sports Shoes
- Tog Bags – School Bags – Beach Bags
- Lego and Duplo – in a sock bag
- Door Mats (even the ones with rubber on the back)
- Shower Curtains – most new ones are fully washable
- Slip Slops – Flip Flops
- Children’s soft (plush) toys – some of them get dragged around all day – it is good to know that most little bunnies love to be washed!
- Pillows – make sure the machine is turned to a low speed spin!
- Duvets – even ones with feathers!
- Bath sponges and scrubbies
- Curtains – check the label on these carefully first!
- Yoga Mat
- Plastic Children’s Toys – the no battery kind – like bath ducks and the dinosaur collection
- Plastic Table Cloths
- Ball Pool Balls
- Beach and Sandpit Buckets, Spades and Toys
- Dogs Gear – like collars and leads – don’t wash leather!
- Hair Ties and Bands
- Baseball Hats – make sure you dry back into shape!
- Car Mats – yip!!!! – – on low temperature you can wash the whole thing!
Is there anything you wash in you machine not already on our list?
[Tweet “20 Things you NEVER knew you could wash in the washing machine! #lifehacks”]