Homemade gifts are always welcomed and appreciated. Things that children have made themselves are so cute and so special, and the best part is that Kids love giving gifts they have created!
What makes homemade gifts extra appreciated is if they are something that you can actually use! Keyring and keychains are a fantastic idea to make! There are so many wonderful ideas and they get used by the dozen!
Keychains also work well as Christmas stocking fillers or gifts to put into a Christmas cracker!
Some of these DIY keychain ideas are going to need a little help from adults, especially if young children are involved. Tweens and teens will be able to make this all by themselves! I know a little girl who would make rainbow keyring every day if she could!!
Here are all our carefully selected DIY keychain ideas for kids to make!
Hama Beads / Perler Beads / Melty Beads, so many names for the same things! Regardless of what you call them, they make super keyrings! TIP: when ironing them together, make sure they are properly melted together otherwise they will come apart the first time you use them!
- Rainbow Hama bead keyrings with step by step rainbow instructions
- Perler bead fish keyrings
- Watermelon keychain // Homemade Heather
- Pineapple & strawberry keyring // My Poppet
- Hama bead cacti // Mein Feenstaub (Mein Feenstaub means, My Fairy Dust – German language, but instructions have a photo by photo guide!)
- Minecraft keyrings with links to all the character guides // Jennifer’s Little World
- Emoji Perler bead keychains // Frugal Fun for Boys and Girls
- Shark keychain // Crafty Morning
- Popsicle stick keyring // Woo!
These next three ideas are the perfect tween / teen craft! A little more complicated, but oh wow… they are pretty!!
This is a wonderful easy macrame keychain idea. Includes full step by step instructions: Think Make Share Blog
How cute are these ice cream cones!! Made from felt balls, with easy step by step instructions! // A Kailo Chic Life
These seashell keychains are also absolutely wonderful! See if you can find a shell with a hole in it! // Martha Stewart
- Wooden bead keychain with pastel beads // The Sweetest Occasion
- Colourful purse chains with pom poms // Red ted Art
- Pom pom keychain // Gluesticks
- Duct tape charms // Mod Podge Rocks
- Dandelion wishes spring flower keyring // Thimble & Twig
- Yarn tassel doll charms // The Madhouse Mummy
- DIY wooden etched keyrings // The Mad House
- Fingerprint keychain // Rhythms of Play
- Plastic lacing cord keychain // Doodlecraftblog
- Shrinky Dinks Flower handprint keychain // Easy Peasy and Fun
- Shrink film headshot keyrings // What Moms Love
- Felt Ball keychain // Wellness in a Drop
- Mini yarn scrap tassel keyring idea // Creative Jewish Mom
- Recycled plastic keychains // Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Stitched felt hearts // Moms and Crafters
- Easy DIY colorful rope keychain // Crafting on the Fly
- Father’s Day keychain – you could add any name // Kitchen Counter Chronicle
- Shrinky Dinks initials // Juggling Act Mama