You are not going to believe how we cut out these air-dry clay sunflower bowls??!!
With a cardboard tube!!
Yes indeed, the toilet roll stars again, this time as a fabulous cookie cutter!!
A while back this sunflower painting art with easy DIY sunflower stamps was a real hit and after making our fall leaf bowls that we make each year to gift a Christmas time, we had some extra air-dry clay. These sunflowers were a beautiful result!
Air-Dry Clay Sunflower Bowls Materials:
- Air-dry clay. We usually use either the DAS or Crayola. You can easily buy it here on Amazon by clicking the links.
- Plastic wrap to cover the drying shape to avoid sticking
- A small bowl or paper bowl that has gradually sloped sides – we used our little kiwi bowl – have a look in the video
- Acrylic paint – these are great
- A spray sealer. This is completely optional. A sealer can give your bowl a final shiny effect and it seals it against moisture. Mod Podge would also work!
Step by Step Video Instructions:
So easy and so beautiful!
Who would have thought that cardboard tubes make such great cookie cutters!!
These sunflower bowls make fantastic gifts!