These wonderful blueberry & choc-chip whole-wheat and oatmeal Muffins are now an absolute family favorite! I found this recipe on Sallys Baking Addiction adapted it slightly and WOW!!
What I love about this recipe:
- The muffins are ‘healthyish’ and there is very little guilt about serving them as snacks to the kids!
- They come out soft – not squishy.
- It uses honey instead of sugar.
- They taste amazing!!
I changed two things when I baked these wonderful choc-chip whole-wheat and oatmeal muffins;
- I used whole-wheat flour, Sally uses all-purpose flour. Not all recipes work when you substitute the flour. This one does. If you are looking for a soft and fluffy blueberry muffin recipe then stick with the regular all-purpose flour. Whole-wheat flour adds more of a texture.
- I added in 2/3 cup blueberries and 1/3 cup choc-chips. Sally adds 1 cup of blueberries! This is a flavor preference. Makes no difference. You choose.
It really is super easy to make!
Do you enjoy baking with the kids?
Baking bread with kids is a wonderful activity to do together! Not only do you get to eat the very tasty fruits of your labour, but the experience is shared – and educational.
Here is a wonderful easy bread recipe that children will love making together!
Here are a few more baking ideas we think you may enjoy;
Cannellini bean muffin – wonderful healthy alternative, contains no flour or sugar!
Power packed peanut butter cookies – for extra energy!
Looking for healthy in-betweeners?
Smoothies are our go-to easy afternoon filler-upper.
Creamy tropical smoothie – a glass full of sunshine!
Blueberry & strawberry smoothie – 4 ingredients
Yoghurt bark is also a wonderfully healthy treat, here are our two favourites:
Blueberry and Pistachio yoghurt bark.
Disney Frozen yoghurt bark
Dried fruit and nut after school yoghurt bark snack