These Cannelloni Bean Muffins my dear friends are my latest discovery!
They contain NO flour, are truly good for you, easy to make, Kids will LOVE them… need I say more…
…Oh Yes, they are YUM!
I made a tray and we ate them over two days.
This recipe makes 12 Large Muffins – or 16 smaller ones…
Cannellini Bean Muffin Ingredients:
- 800g Cannellini Beans in water – drained
- 2tsp ground cinnamon
- 100g oats (rolled oats – porridge oats)
- 4 large eggs
- 2tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- zest from 1 large orange
- 170g carrots – grated
- 100g raisins
- 100g pecan nut halves – keep one aside for the top of each muffin
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Optional: These muffins are already a little sweet – from the raisins and maple syrup. I wanted to give them a touch more sweetness – so I added a tsp liquid stevia. If you want to add a little more sweet then choose a sweet
ener to suit you – sugar or artificial – according to taste!
Cannellini Bean Muffin Method:
- Heat your oven to 180°C / 256F
- Line muffin tray with paper cases
- Make your bean paste by adding the beans, cinnamon, oats, eggs, oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract and orange zest into a bowl and blitz till you get a smooth paste.
- Into the bean paste add the carrot, raisins, chopped pecans and baking power. Stir well.
- Spoon into muffin cases and add a pecan half to each one on the top – for decoration!
- Bake for 20 minutes – until light brown and cooked through.
- Cool on a wire rack.
These will keep well in the fridge for 2 – 3 days!
I warmed mine up a little bit before I ate them – to room temperature!
ently warmed with a dollop of butter on the top would taste amazing!!!
Great after school – or lunch box idea!
Looking for more food power? Why not try making these Peanut Butter Power-Packed Cookies