Looking for a little something special that is easy to make but absolutely WOWS?
These Chocolate Salted Caramel Pecan Bites are THE BOMB!!
No one walks away without going – ‘OH YUM’ out loud! Promise!!
And they are so easy to make!!
Ingredients for Chocolate Bombs:
- Pecan Nuts
- Chocolate – your favorite plain milk or pure (70%)
- Rock Salt
- Toast the pecan nuts in a hot pan. (Heat the pan first and then throw them in – turning continually until you smell a warm pecan nut smell.) Do not let them burn – they can color slightly – but no more
- Spread the nuts out – flat side down – onto a baking sheet – lined with wax / baking paper
- Let them cool down a little
- Add a teaspoon – or dollop – of caramel to each pecan nut
- Add a little sprinkle of rock salt – a few little bits – onto the top of the caramel
- If the caramel is still solid move onto the next step = but if you are in hot weather then you may need to pop them into the fridge for 15 minutes or so – until the caramel has firmed up again.
- Melt your chocolate – I do this in a glass bowl over a pot of steaming water *see tips below
- Cover each ‘bomb’ with enough chocolate to fully coat it.
- I covered the chocolate by dipping the pecan nut and caramel into the melted chocolate on a spoon.
- Put into the fridge until hard.
* Tips to Melt Chocolate
Chop or break the chocolate into uniform pieces so it melts evenly
Avoid contact with water – be especially careful if you melt it over steam
No One will be left disappointed!
There are totally moreish – so make lots!!