This easy flour paste paint recipe is cheap and super quick to make. You can make it as you need it and makes the perfect non-toxic paint for kids of all ages.
Flour paste paint starts to resemble a tempera paint texture or kids’ poster paint. Make this paint to create and mix and play with. It is not the paint you want to use when you are creating something special that you want to last – that you have to buy paints for! This is perfect for those rainy days when production-line style painting becomes fun!!
Alternative paint recipes just in case you prefer a different texture:
- Liquid watercolors – so easy and these work so well!
- Gel paint – for a sensory painting experience – perfect for babies
- Babies first paint – taste safe as this usually ends up in the mouth!
- Sidewalk chalk paint – colored with chalk to avoid staining!
- Bath paint and Bath paint for sensitive skin
- The video below shows sidewalk chalk paint, watercolor paint, bath paint, and flour paste paint instructions.
Flour paste paint ingredients:
These ingredients make 6 different colors
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup warm water
- food coloring. We use this food coloring!
- Baking tin or ice cube tray
- Mixing bowl
- Mixer – optional
Easy flour paste paint method:
- Mix the flour and water together in a bowl with a mixer or by hand.
- Once the mixture is smooth add the desired amount of paste to your baking tin, ice cube tray or whatever you are going to use to store the different colors.
- To each compartment add a drop of food coloring. The amount of food coloring really depends on the brand you use.
- Mix well. It really is as easy as that!