This Christmas craft idea is a little wonderful, we think these fingerprint reindeer are just too adorable!!
Fingerprints make the cutest little keepsake and are certainly worth making – and keeping!! We turned ours into greeting cards so we can send them in the post!
Older children will be able to do this all on their own. Younger children will need more help! My kids stamped their fingers and I drew on the little reindeer!
Related: Christmas reindeer crafts for kids…
Supplies needed to make fingerprint reindeer
- Paper or cardboard/cardstock. We used ready-made white greeting cards with a matching envelope.
- Brown paint. Make sure it’s non-toxic, most paints are nowadays, but still worth a check!
- Black marker – a fine one, and a Red marker for the nose. You could of course also use a tiny blob of red paint!
Making this cute little card or craft is easy!
The first step is to print your fingerprints. To make reindeer you need two. One fingerprint that lies horizontally, this is the body and then another for the head.
The head can be looking up, down, sideways… up to you to decide!
Choose how many reindeer you would like on each page or card. We made two. Of course reindeer are social animals and live in herds – so go crazy!!
Once the painted fingerprints have dried finish the reindeer by adding legs, antlers, neck and a tail.
Really cute and simple!
Wonderful little ideas we think you may like:
- Christmas Robins fingerprint card
- Footprint reindeer – all you need is a shiny nose!
- Handprint snowmen – you can turn these into Christmas cards too!
- Fingerprint salt dough fingerprint Christmas Tree
Follow us on Pinterest for more wonderful ideas – updated daily!
We have a Christmas board on Pinterest.