This is a wonderfully simple and cute idea! These fingerprint robins are just adorable!
So easy to do, and such a sweet keepsake!
Homemade Christmas cards are the best! We love making and giving them! See some more ideas at the end!
This little robin is super cute! An older child can do this by themselves. You can ask a younger child to help you with their little fingerprints and then make the rest of the robin for them!
Fingerprint Robin Christmas Card Materials:
- Cardboard or ready-made gift cards. We used white ones like these…
- Red paint, something non-toxic as we are getting it on our hands.
- A black marker. I used both a thicker one for the body and tail and a thinner one for the beak and eyes.
- I painted the fingerprints and then completed the robins the next day once the paint was dry.
- You can do it the other way round! Draw the robins and then get your child to print their fingerprint in the middle of the robin’s tummy.
Step by step video:
These would also make great gift tags! You could make a single robin on each one. We have made gift tags with fingerprints before – these Reindeer fingerprint gift tags are also super cute!