There are only a few things cuter than little painted Mistl
These are so easy to make with the kids! A great keepsake idea for Babies first Christmas and they also make wonderful gifts and greeting cards!
Footprint Mistletoe Materials;
- White Cardboard / Card stock
- Green Paint
- Red Ribbon
- We used a button for the middle of the ribbon – you can, of course, leave this off – or replace it with a pom pom or a bead! Up to you…
- A marker to write the name and date of your child – again optional
How to paint Footprint Mistletoes
- First, paint the footprints! Even though you are printing both feet my advice is to do this one foot at a time! You are essentially going for a ballet foot pose!
- Little feet are really tickly – apply the paint as fast as possible!
- Make sure that your child is sitting/standing near the paper you want to print the footprint onto as it is hard work carrying a child – one foot painted – across the room.
- We always sit on a chair and put the paper under it – so once the foot is painted we just need to stand up!
- Once the footprints are dry it’s time to add a bow and a button to finish it off.
- I wrote my child’s name and the date onto the finished art!
- Super simple and very very cute!
Love foot printed Christmas Ideas? Here are a few more;