This hama bead rainbow keychain DIY gift idea is wonderful!! We love making our own gifts, something that grandparents and friends can ACTUALLY use!!
Hama beads – sometimes called melty beads or Perler beads are a wonderful medium to use – possibilities are endless!!
If you prefer a more “under the sea” to “over the rainbow” try these fish keychains!
Rainbow Keychain Materials
- Hama Beads
- Round Peg Board
- Wax Paper
- Keychain parts – I’ve selected a few below to get you started!
Ready to get started?
Using the round pegboard follow the pictures below and make your rainbow.
You can make a classic rainbow – with bright colors, or go the pastel route… the choice is yours!
Once you have completed your rainbow remove one of the beads to create a little hole – this is to add the key chain!
Up to you to decide where you want to add the chain. We went for the side – between the rainbow and the cloud.
TIP: make sure you add the hole in the middle – or at least 2 beads in for strength!
Give it an iron – as per your own plastic bead instructions.
TIP: Iron it well!! Keychains end up in the bottom of Mom’s bag so make sure you completely fuse the beads together!!
Then add your keychain!
This Hama bead rainbow keychain DIY gift idea is wonderfully easy and they make super cute gifts!
Child-made presents are always more special than any store-bought option, here are some other ideas to make yourself:
- Peppermint Sugar Scrub – this smells as good as Christmas!!
- Pinch Pot – made from either salt dough or air dry clay
- Lemon and lime DIY Bath Salts with a handmade Jar to keep them fresh!
- Rainbow walked apron – yes you heard this right! We walked a rainbow!!
- Air Dry Clay leaf bowls – perfect jewellery or change holders!