So what do you know… handprints make the best tail feathers!!
This wonderful handprint parrot craft is so easy to set up and complete – and what’s more, there is very little mess involved!! Just the kind of simple idea you need for a rainy afternoon!
We love creating with hands and feet – it normally involves so much more paint, like these handprint owls or this handprint Easter Bunny. Footprint walked rainbows was a big hit and there are 20 wonderful hand and footprint pumpkin crafts here – perfect for the autumn season!
Parrots can be any colour and their tail feathers can come in many shapes and forms, so that’s the good news – there is no right and wrong to this craft idea and you can select any colours!
What do you need to make these Easy Handprint Parrots?
- Selection of bright thick paper or cardstock/cardboard colours
- Googly Eyes – or you can make/draw on your own
- A cute little tail feather hand stencil
Step by step directions:
- Each parrot needs at least 5 feathers, start by tracing around your child’s hand – or get them to do it.
- Cut out all your hands. TIP: give one of your hands a little longer arm – and use this as the first feather you add to the parrot – as we did with our red feather – see the video for a proper guide!
- To make the parrot’s body you can cut out a figure of 8. I used a full-sized A4 paper. Download the free template here.
- Once you have completed sticking on all the handprint feathers, add an eye – we used a googly eye. You could also draw it on with a black pen.
- The parrot’s beak can be added first or last – as you wish. Download the free template here.