These homemade chicken nuggets are the bomb!! Crunchy, tasty and a kids delight!
So easy to make and are definitely one of those recipes to get the kids involved with! Children will eat anything they make themselves, so for fussy eaters or when trying something new asking a child to contribute to the preparation really does set the meal up to be a winner!
I was inspired by this Krispie Chicken Dippers recipe post on Instagram. Kiddy Kitchen is always sharing such simple, child-friendly ideas! Easy dinner ideas are always most welcome! I really struggle to find enthusiasm for weekday dinners!!
Homemade Chicken Nuggets Ingredients:
- Chicken breast or strips
- Egg – whisked
- Rice Crackers, Rice Crispies, Cornflakes, Big bread crumbs
- Set your oven to 356°F // 180°C
- Cut the chicken breast into strips
- Set up 3 bowls containing flour, a whisked egg, crumbs of your choice
- Coat the strips in flour – egg – crumbs. In that order.
- Lay them out onto a baking sheet covered in wax paper/baking paper
- Cook for about 20 – 25 minutes – the duration will depend on the thickness of the strips.
- I have included a little video below showing the steps!
Here is another family favourite of ours: easy nachos salad! It’s great mid week and healthy too!