We love Owls around here…
More than Owls though… we like painting and printing with our hands!!
Handprint Crafts are really special – and this Handprint Owl is no exception!
Looking for a Valentine’s Day Craft? Mother’s Day? Father”s Day?
We made their bodies with hearts – they also make great gifts to say I Love You!!
Perfect for anytime!
- White Large format (A3) paper or card – for the background
- Cardboard / Very Thick Paper – One Color for the Heart Shaped Bodies and another color for the triangle shaped beak.
- Eyes – we used 3 different sized buttons to make eyes, but you could also use paper or big googly eyes
- Marker – to finish off the legs and feet
- Paint – for the handprint wings
- Washi Tape to make the branch. Of course you could also paint or draw it on…
How to make a Handprint Owl?
- First create a branch – towards the bottom of the paper. You can draw or paint this on if you like, we used washi tape and tore little strips.
- Then make the body by cutting two heart shapes.
- The heart that gets used for the head is slightly smaller than the body.
- Stick these onto the paper – making sure the body – lower heart – is upside down.
- The body should get stuck first and then the head.
- Position the body just above the branch – so there is a little space to add the legs – you can draw these on with anything you like, we used a marker.
- Then add your eyes and nose.
- We used buttons to make eyes, you could also use jar and bottle tops or googly eyes – or you could simply draw them on.
- Then… here comes the really fun part…
- Add some wings by painting and printing your hands. You have to use both your hands – so they are symmetrical.
How cute are these guys! We made 2!!
Twit Twoo We Love You!