This recipe for snow dough is easy to make and will have the kiddies squealing in excitement…
The reason – it has glitter and it sparkles!!
We have made glitter play dough before but have never put it into white dough!
It looks very pretty – even I was impressed!
How to make No Cook Snow Dough…
This makes one biggish ball:
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup table salt
- 2 Tbsp Cream of Tartar
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil – I used Sunflower Oil
- 1 cup of boiling water + another 1/2 a cup to add in little bits…
- 1 tsp glycerine – optional. This adds more shine and silky feel! Wilton Glycerin, 2 Ounces (57g) or this Liquid Glycerine 8-Ounce (227g)
- 2 Tbsp Silver Glitter (I used glitter with fairly big segments)
- Add all the dry ingredients (flour, salt and cream of tartar) together and stir.
- Add the first cup of water to the dry ingredients along with the oil and give it a stir. If you want to add the optional glycerin – now is the time. This really is an optional ingredient!
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup boiling water now, a little at a time until all the flour is absorbed. I usually use almost all the water…
- Wait for it to cool to warm and knead like bread.
- While kneading add the glitter – as much as you like. It will work its way in as you knead!