This is such a wonderfully cute idea, these little leaf people are a fantastic way to use up all those collected autumn leaves.
We have made animals with our fall leaves before, this time however we wanted to make leaf faces and then add on legs and feet with a fine marker.
They turned out wonderfully happy!! (In most cases)
Materials to make Leaf People:
- Leaves – best collected during a long nature walk. We pressed ours between a sheet of newsprint and a heavy book for a day.
- Paint – Puffy Paint or Chalk Markers. We used puffy paint like this
- Markers to make the arms and legs – we used a fine marker like this
- Paper or Cardstock
- Glue to stick the leaves onto the paper. You can use regular glue or a hot glue gun
We added faces to our leaf people with puffy paint and then left them to dry overnight!
The next day we stuck the leaves onto paper and added hands and feet!
We used a hot glue gun to stick the leaves onto the paper – as we have one, however you can use any glue you wish. My advice is not to add glue to the leaves – as they may break, rather add the glue to the paper and then put the leaf down on top! Runny glue will work the best.
I spent time doodling with leaves too! I can doodle any time of the day, so it makes complete sense that after the leaf people were complete I doodled away… Something to try out! Very therapeutic!!
Fall is such an inspiring time of year with all the colors, here are some other amazing ideas:
- BIG art – walking a tree with footprints!
- Free printable fall leaf and tree templates for all your art and craft projects
- Fall themed gratitude tree with free printable template
- Autumn tree arts and crafts collection
- Fall leaf scribble pattern art with free printable template
- Autumn sensory table for preschool or kindergarten
- Straw blown fall tree – wonderful lung practice!