Today we made our own bath paint!
This is so easy to do! It is so much fun for the Kiddies, and best of all, you know what is in it! We often make our own art and craft materials and have a wonderful selection of homemade paints and play doughs…
First we painted the bath, then we washed all the paint into the water.
Then we painted ourselves, then we washed ourselves.
When we were finished we emptied all the left over paint onto the bath shelf and mixed mixed mixed! One hour of colorful fun!
When we were finished we cleaned up = with water! If your child has very sensitive skin or you can not use baby soap for any reason we have another bath paint recipe here… for sensitive skin.
- 1 cup of kids bubble bath or baby shampoo OR 1 cup baby wash
- 3 teaspoons corn starch
- food coloring
Mix the shampoo together with the corn starch and mix well.
It needs to be a reasonably thick consistency.
Next divide the mixture into smaller containers and add food coloring to make different colors (we used an ice tray). You only need a very small amount of coloring!
This is the food color we use: Wilton Set of 8 Icing Colors (amazon affiliate)
We love having fun in the bath and if you are looking for al little more clean fun – then here are all our Splishin Splashing Ideas!
Kids who love bath paint probably love to paint everything!! Here are some painting ides for further fun:
- Spray Painting – a definite outside activity to be enjoyed in the summer – a chance to make graffiti!
- Painting Rainbows with Salt – wonderful interesting process – including a little science!!
- 22 Fork Painting Ideas – yes, true, you can paint with a fork!!
- Painting with magnets – fun is all I can say about this!!