Food is an essential part of Mexican culture-it’s the glue that binds everything together. Taking inspiration from the Mexican kitchen is so easy!!
This Mexican tortilla salad is a favorite around here! It is healthy and crunchy and loved by everyone! Sometimes I say “salad” and the kids run a mile, not with this one! It’s a family dinner time winner!!
Easy & Quick. Under 30 minutes and dinner is on the table!
- Let the rice cool a little before adding the salad ingredients otherwise they may get soggy.
- I selected salted tortilla chips for a bit of extra salty flavor.
- This is the time to get out the eccentric decorative serving dish… it adds to the taste I promise!
- Further option: to prepare in individual bowls if easier!
Mexican Tortilla Salad Ingredients:
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup red kidney beans
- 1/2 cup sweet corn
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 chopped avocado
- flat-leaf parsley to garnish
- tortilla chips
Mexican Tortilla Salad Instructions:
- Cook your rice according to package instructions. We used wild rice for an extra healthy crunch!
- Mix all salad ingredients together – minus the rice – in a large bowl.
- Add lime juice and season.
- Once the rice has cooled place it into the serving dish.
- Add salad ingredients on top of the rice.
- Finish with chopped avocado and tortilla chips – I stood them up in-between the salad for effect. You could just as well sprinkle them over the top.
- Optional garnish with flat-leaf parsley.
Feeling inspired? Here are two more family favorite ideas:
33 Mac & Cheese Recipes – if it’s not here it does not exist!
Our Pumpkin and Pea Curry. Totally family friendly!!
Looking for a bowl to serve the salad in? These below are divine!!