Almost every play dough recipe you open includes cream of tartar, something that you don’t always have lying around…
When we were setting up for our school fall table I wanted to try and make a play dough that did not include cream of tartar and one that smelled just like Autumn!
Our No Tartar Play Dough Recipe is easy – and yum – some of the parents at school picked it up and said “I could eat it!” There you go…
Just like our ‘best play dough in the world’ recipe – you need to slightly cook this one – but the effort is worth it as cooking it will help to keep it longer – as there is no cream of tartar, and that is one of it’s functions!
So what do you need to make this no tartar play dough?
1 cup flour
1/4 cup salt
1 cup water
1 Tablespoon Veg Oil
3 teaspoons white vinegar
cinnamon scented oil
food coloring – I used Yellow
- Mix up the flour and salt
- Add the water, vinegar and oil and stir well
- Put it onto the stove on a low heat
- Keep stirring until it gets dough like
- Remove it from the heat – and as soon as it is cool enough to knead – do so.
- Add a few drops of the cinnamon scented oil as you knead