This just happens to be a great indoor activity if you are looking for something to do on a rainy day, however, you can do this number hunt anywhere – house, garden, park…
You have to search for things that are in groups of 1 – 10.
Younger children can draw what they see and older children can write the answer, or write and draw!
Number Hunt: an example around our house:
- 1 carpet on the entrance hall floor
- 2 taps on the bathroom sink
- 3 drawers on the office desk
- 4 clocks around the house
- 5 candles on the lounge table
- 6 chairs around the dining room table
- 7 windows in the front room
- 8 lights on the kitchen ceiling
- 9 photos on the wall
- 10 buttons on the T.V.
You can print directly from the picture below or you can download the template here…
If you are looking for more rainy day ideas then try these Energy Busters – keep kids moving and entertained inside.
We would love to see what you find!! Please add your completed number hunts to our Facebook wall – click here for direct link…