We love play dough and have a few favourites up our sleeves! This is our favorite play dough recipe and by far the one we make most often!
This makes a big tennis ball size…
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup of salt
- 2 cups of water
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons cream of tartar
- food coloring – we use these, I find they work the best!
Quick and Easy Method:
- Mix all the ingredients together in a big pot and then put it onto the stove – medium heat!
- At first, the mixture is quite runny, but after a few minutes on the stove, it forms a dough.
- Keep string continuously, make sure to stir the bottom of the pot so it does not burn.
- In about 2 minutes your mixture will be like dough.
- Take it out, allow it to cool and knead like bread a few times.
- Divide the dough into as many colours as you want and add food colouring!
- Food colouring goes a long way – so start off with a tiny amount (a toothpick tip)
Looking for more play dough inspiration?
When we get to the end of the life of the dough – as in ‘it is getting old and this is the last time we are going to play with it…” we “cook” with it…
You can even add glitter!!!