This is a wonderfully pretty activity that is relatively mess-free – no painting involved – and makes a wonderful gift!
This activity involves cutting and sticking so it involves the chance to practice some of those basic skills like cutting and co-ordination!
We love making flowers! I’ll add a few more ideas to the end of this page!
Paper flower art. What materials do you need?
- A large piece of thick paper or cardboard for the background. We used an A3 size – so a little bigger to give us more space to work with!
- Colored cardboard or paper for the vase, stems, and flowers
- Scissors & Glue
- A black marker/color markers if you want to add designs to your vase.
The shopping list from Amazon – we are part of the affiliate program which means we earn a small % of the sale at no extra cost to you.
Flower Art Instructions:
- Gather all your materials including a large – A3 – piece of background card or thick paper – we used white, colored circles of different sizes, green for the stems and choose a color for your vase.
- Glue, and scissors
- The first thing you do is make your vase – in the shape you choose. Cut it out but do not stick it down. You need to place it onto the paper so you know where the stems will go – however you first stick the stems and then stick the vase – this gives the effect that the stems come out of the vase.
- If you want to decorate your vase, you can choose to decorate it at the end once stuck in place or before you stick it down.
- Once your stems and vase are stuck down you can begin to cut and stick your flowers.
- To make your flowers you need to cut the circles into spirals. Leave a little round bit in the middle – this is where you stick it down.
We added a final touch to one of our creations by cutting little round flower centers. Completely up to you.
It really is as simple as that. What a result! Beautiful flowers in a vase that pop off the page!
I promised you some more flower inspiration. Here are some of our most lovely flower crafts:
- Rainbow Roses – this is unbelievably beautiful – and easy!
- Cardboard Tube (TP Roll) sporing blooms
- Paper lavender flowers – incl full instruction video
- Kandinsky inspired Flowers
- A collection of recycled flower crafts for springtime
- Painted pinecone flowers – a really pretty idea!
- Corks and buttons make wonderfully pretty blooms!