This popsicle stick snowflake is one of those age-old ideas that never go out of fashion. So easy to make and kids absolutely love making these!
We turned ours into Christmas tree ornaments, but you can make these anytime during the winter!
My two have found the glue gun and will glue anything to anything!! Older kids can make these all by themselves. Toddlers or younger children may need a little help initially to make the snowflake.
I use a glue gun because it is instant drying. You can use any strong glue you have available!
Winter popsicle stick snowflake supplies;
*There are affiliate links in this article which means, at no additional cost to you, we may receive compensation for our recommendations…
- Popsicle or craft sticks. These come in an assortment of sizes.
- Glue. We used our glue gun. Any strong glue will do. The faster drying the better!
- Paint. We used blue and white.
- Decorations. We used stick-on gemstones, but any decoration is good. Think of beads, buttons, glitter, stickers, sequins…
- If you are going to use this as a Christmas decoration then you are going to need string or twine to hang it up.
How to make this easy winter craft;
- The first step is to glue the snowflake together. We used 4 popsicle sticks for each snowflake.
- Try and stick the snowflake together in the middle of the stick. This makes for a symmetrical snowflake!
- Once your glue is dry paint your snowflake blue or white. You could leave it natural wood if you prefer!
- Once the paint is dry it is time to decorate!
- We used stick on gem stones. Snowflakes can be decorated with any material you wish…
- Stick on or tie on a string if you want to hang your snowflake on the tree!
Here are some other popsicle stick snowflakes we found for inspiration;
- Craft stick snowflake Ornaments // Mum in the Madhouse
- Snowflake garland // Woo jr Kids Activities
- Big Snowflake decorations // Making Manzanita
- Popscile snowflakes // A Girl and a Glue gun
- Woven craft stick snowflakes // Happy Hooligans
- Popsicle stick and tissue paper snowflake // 123 Homeschool for Me
- DIY craft stick snowflakes // One Little Project
- Scandinavian snowflakes // Flourish & Knot
Other winter ideas we think you may enjoy;
- Painting winter trees with salt snowflakes
- Cool printable penguin activity, with free printable templates
- Snow dough – the perfect winter sensory play material
- Winter play dough, with extra sparkles!! Easy no-cook recipe.
Do you love Pinterest? We have a winter board dedicated to all things cold and icy and snow!! Follow it here…