Are you looking a little further than the pumpkin spice and pumpkin pie for inspiration this fall?
I LOVE pumpkin – so this easy to make pumpkin curry does it all – easy quick dinner – inspired by autumn, with no pumpkin spice in sight!
I served the curry with Nan breads – you could also use rice, potatoes or your favorite curry starch accompaniment!!
Recipe for 4 people. 30 minutes start to finish.
- 1 smallish pumpkin
- 30g butter
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons curry powder – or to taste
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 400g frozen peas
- fresh coriander
- 300g greek yoghurt
- Naan bread / pita bread or rice to serve
- Cut the pumpkin into small pieces.
- Add the butter and onions to a pan, cook on low until the onions are soft.
- Add the curry powder and pumpkin and stir in.
- Add 100ml water and 100ml stock (I used vegetable stock).
- Cook until the pumpkin is soft (about 10 minutes).
- Add the frozen peas and yoghurt and bring it up to temperature (almost boiling but not quite – the yoghurt will split on a high temperature).
- Top with fresh coriander and serve with naan bread or pita bread (or rice) as you like.
- Enjoy! This is the important step!