This pumpkin spice cream cheese frosting recipe is absolutely divine and super easy to make!
I am not going to lie, I ate these cupcakes until I was sick!
This frosting recipe can be used on pretty much any one of your favourite pumpkin or vanilla cupcake or cake recipes. It is the perfect fall treat!
We added it to the top of our favourite cupcake recipe! It is a Jamie Oliver one. We leave out the lemon and add 1tsp vanilla extract, here is the link… it works perfectly every time!
Recipe for Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces / 220g full fat cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups / 240g powdered sugar
- 1.5 teaspoon pumpkin spice OR 2 tsp cinnamon
- I prefer not to use butter in this frosting, however, you can add about 30g butter to this recipe and it will work well.
- Use full-fat cream cheese.
- This is as easy as it gets!
- Add the cream cheese to a mixing bowl and beat properly until fluffy
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix it until completely combined
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The frosting will last as long as your cream cheese would last. I would use it within a week however.