What are flutterloves you say?
They are little flying, love carrying, messengers whose job it is to deliver love and smiles on Valentine’s Day!
Now that we have cleared that up, let’s make them together!
Rock painting is such a great crafty idea. It is nice to be able to paint onto something other than paper for a change. The best part about these rock painted Valentine’s Day Flutterloves is that you can gift them to a friend!
During the summer we painted these wonderful story stones. A great little tale told on stones about an Elephant who sneezes off a bee’s stripes!
Rock Painted Valentines Supplies
*There are affiliate links in this article which means, at no additional cost to you, we may receive compensation for our recommendations…
- Stones. You can find stones in your garden, or you can buy them at any garden or craft store.
- Paints. Painting onto stones is going to require acrylic or project paint. Regular kids’ paint is not going to give you the best results, although if that’s what you have, go for it!
- Clear sealer spray or Mod Podge. This is optional but absolutely worth it if you want your stones to last forever. If you choose a gloss sealer your stones will shine!
How to paint Flutterloves
Before you start painting, make sure your rocks are clean. If they have been sitting in a bag together they often rub against each other and create a fine powder. Give them a wash with water and let them dry well overnight.
Paint on your Valentines butterflies and hearts! You can add anything to the theme of love, although if you want to create Flutterloves they will need wings.
Once your paint is dry you can seal your stone if desired.
A real treat and alternative to a paper Valentine!
Here are some other Valentine’s Day ideas we think you may enjoy;
- Recycled crafts all made for Valentine’s Day
- Handprinted heart Owl craft
- Print your own heart-themed gift paper
- Quick and easy Valentine’s Day ideas
Do you love Pinterest? We have a Valentine’s Day board dedicated to all things LOVE!! Follow it here…