Spider Web Paper Plate with Handprint Spiders is a fantastic Halloween activity that is so easy and quick to set up!
This is great fun and entertaining and it includes a threading element – good for fine motor development!
- Paper Plates – try avoid the gloss coated ones as the paint peels off.
- Paper Punch
- Wool or string
- Eyes – we used googly eyes, you can use anything eye-like, or paint them on.
- Punch several holes into the rim of paper plate (about 10)
- Print handprint spider onto the plate by using both hands, thumbs in the center.
- Add eyes and any other decorations onto your spider.
- Wait for the spider to dry.
- Now time to make the spider web. Cut about 1m wool or string. Start in one hole and thread into the other holes creating a web design.
- You can use a rounded needle to help the process of threading. If you don’t have a needle tie a knot into the top of the string or wool and push the little knot through the holes (wool especially will start to fray and it becomes difficult to thread.)
- When finished tie the two loose ends together at the back of the plate.