I love these old-style wooden clothes peg snowflake decorations! I remember seeing these all around when I was a child, as plastic pegs arrived they seem to have disappeared slowly. However wood seems to be making a comeback and so too are these wooden peg decorations!
We left ours in natural wood, but you could paint them or add glitter.
We have made natural wooden Christmas Trees too! Also a delightful decoration and gift idea!
What do you need to make these wonderful wooden clothespin snowflake decorations?
You can still buy wooden pegs in most supermarkets, certainly at any craft store and always on Amazon.
You will also need a strong glue, wood glue or a glue gun.
I used natural twine to add a hanger to the top, so we could add it to our Christmas Tree.
How to make this delightful decoration…
- Take the wooden peg apart
- Turn both pieces around and glue them together
- Glue each piece to the other – making sure to glue the center piece.
The easiest glue to use is hot glue or fast-drying strong glue. This will ensure that all pieces are stuck well together before adding the next.
To ensure that this big snowflake remains flat, I made it on a wax paper covered flat surface.
If you love making Christmas decorations as much as I do, and enjoyed this wooden clothespin snowflake, here are some other decorations that I think you will like:
- Wooden peg Christmas Trees – with natural wooden pegs
- Love you to the moon and back decoration. This is one of our favorite stories!
- Little fingerprint salt dough Christmas Tree hanging decorations.
- Jingle Bells painting – wonderful sensory decoration making idea!
- Salt dough Christmas Angels – too beautiful!